2.07.2009

access to upper levels...



My current happy home project is building stairs for our house. Our floorplan has a loft on each end of the house to be connected by a catwalk. I finally have time to build our stairs to get up. We have a loft ladder but with a three year old it is no longer a great thing.

So the stairs...the stringers will be these two big live edge slabs. They are 9 quarter by about 20 inches. The stairs will be set back in them so you are down in the live edge a little bit.

2 comments:

bmike said...

wow! can't wait to visit and see these going in!

sticksandstones... mmmm.

Unknown said...

Thanks...I'm excited too. This is the first house project since the actual frame that I have the time to really pursue something creative for our own house. Hopefully I'll find enough time to get them ready to go up sometime in March. Indeed this is what I envision for sticksandstones-ness.